Frequently Asked Questions

1. What is a bored or shallow well?
A. These are wells that are usually constructed by pumping water down the well casing, until water is reached. For most of Central Florida, shallow water can still be found by an experienced well driller.

2. What are consolidated or rock wells?
A. These wells are drilled through rock formations until water is detected. These are called deep wells. For most of Central Florida, the rock is limestone.

3. What is an unconsolidated or sand well?
A. For Central Florida, this type of well is usually called a shell well. This shell is actually sea shells as we see in the ocean. This type is generally the best type of well for areas known to have sulfur water (rotten egg smell). Bill Pentz specializes in this type of well.

4. My pump is pumping sand; can you fix my well?
A. Yes. Generally, mineral deposits have caused a hole to develop in the well casing. The problem can be eliminated by blocking off the hole. Bill Pentz specializes in this type of well repair. See the testimonial under "Well Construction and Repair."

5. Why is it necessary to replace the drop pipe that is in my well?
A. The drop pipe is not long enough because the water table in your area has dropped. This is a common occurrence in Central Florida.

6. What are some of the symptoms that my pressure tank needs air or needs to be replaced?
A. The pump runs all the time, or the pump clicks on and off.

7. What are some of the reasons my water pump will not come on?
A. Ants or other insects may be in the pressure switch, high electrical surges such as lightning have struck near your water system, the reset button in control box needs to be reset, and the circuit breaker is off.

8. If I want to troubleshoot my well or pump problem myself, will you assist me to determine the cause?
A. Yes, if possible. Email me at pentzada@aol.com or call me @ 407-671-4202.

9. Can I have a submersible pump installed in my three-inch well?
A. Yes. Three-inch submersible pumps are now being manufactured.

10. Can my chlorine pump be repaired?
A. Yes. The fuse may be blown; the circuit board or flow switch may be malfunctioning.

11. How can I tell if my water is hard?
A. There would be scale in water heaters and on plumbing fixtures, and soap scum on dishes and fixtures.

12. What do water softeners do?
A. A water softener replaces hard minerals with sodium and potassium.

13. What type of water conditioners do you normally install?
A. We install "Water Right Water Conditioners." These conditioners have passed stringent certification requirements - including the first to be certified for pH adjustment (iron and manganese reduction through the use of ion exchange).

Bill Pentz Well Service

9331 Trevarthon Road
Orlando, FL 32817

Fax: 407-671-1043
Email: dpentz@cfl.rr.com

Business Hours:

Including Holidays

Print Version Print Version       Send to a friend Send to a friend